Friday, October 17, 2008

Hennessy Artistry - Flo Rida

Ok, I believe in giving credit where credit is due. The Hennessy team did a great job with this event. I'm a great hip hop fan - became a fan of that genre when I was living in the U.S. Everyone there listened to nothing but hip hop -50 cents, Eminem, Young Buck, Capone & Noreaga, etc. Anyway, back to the Hennessy story, they had Flo-Rida in town - he brought the bling-bling to town ya'll!! Holla at my boy son! He was the bomb dude. Pimpin out the stage and rocking the crowd.

The main entrance depicted an entrance that seems like I was going into a zone of hardcore partying. I remember walking in, but don't remember walking out. Since we had VIP passes ahead of time (thanks to Ken Vin the brand manager), we wore our tags and strolled right on in the venue.
This was the backdrop with the mini DJ console that you can mix and spin some tunes but it's not the professional type. Just to mess about to learn what the Art of Mixing is all about in this business. Ya'll know what I mean - just like Snoop G when he started.
Each section of the venue (this was in Bukit Kiara indoor arena which is a place where horses run around) which was transformed completely into a club for that night, carried a different name - Shanghai, KL, Miami and Paris. These names also link back to the names of the cocktails that were being served that night - FREE FLOW all night long dude! You can image the night.
This was where I was hangin with my peeps - media friends and friends. We got real close to our waiter and tipped him 50 bucks and guess what, trays after trays were specially delivered to us non-stop. I had 2 glasses in my hands at any given point in time - that's called "Double Fisting" back in the U.S. of A.
There were service bars everyone for the general public. Island bars were located all over the main arena - about 8 of them and each VIP area had their own long-ass bar. Trust me when I say, there was no limitation to alcohol and getting your hands on one was no brainer. It's like they keep finding you wherever you go. The place was cold - thanks to the super-duper, multi-jet airconditio blower located around the venue. It was a really cool event. The best yet so far compared to all the other "outdoor" parties that I've been to :)
My next post, will feature what I did at that party and keep checking this space.
Holla back!!

No comments: