Friday, July 11, 2008

THE WISDOM’S OUT

Ok, it’s finally out. Pulled that bad sucker out yesterday and it hurts like a mother f*#%er!! The entire process took only 10 minutes – can you believe it – the HUGE injection, the rocking of the tooth, the pulling and the stuffing of the cotton to stop the bleeding – all that within 10 minutes but the pain and agony and discomfort – it lasted for hours and I still have it now!
So, after pulling the tooth out, the dentist showed the tooth to me – disgusting. Covered with blood and it had cavities (apparently that’s normal with wisdom tooth condition). Looking at the tooth, I felt like I was in the middle of a CSI investigation and I was being interrogated. She even asked if I wanted to keep the tooth!!?? I mean, would anyone want to keep a tooth that gave you the most excruciating pain in your life? To always look at it, will only remind me of that pain. It’s just too painful.
Anyways, I thought it would be cool to have some pictures taken during the process – despite me saying it was a bad idea in my previous blog. So, as soon as I walked in, I told the dentist and my mom (yes! You read that right – my MOM!) that I wanted to take either a picture or a video of the procedure. My mom looked at me as though I was completely out of my mind and my dentist said it’s not ethical. I think my dentist was scared that if anything went wrong, I would have it on video. So, sorry people – no pictures or video although it would have been real cool.
Now I have no wisdom tooth but the funny thing is, I don’t feel any less wiser!

No comments: