Monday, March 8, 2010

Seven Pounds - Seven Hearts

I'm very critical when it comes to movies. I'm not a huge movie buff but when I do watch one, I want to make sure that it's worth the time and effort.
I just finished watching Will Smith's Seven Pounds.
I'm not afraid to admit it - it made me tear and very close to crying. It's amazing how one can be truly sincere in life.
In this movie, Ben played by Will Smith has a dark past that destroyed his life and has caused him to live a life of guilt. With no other option to redeem himself, he sets out to help those who are in need - truly in need of life.
I must say that, someone who gives his heart up so that someone else who is on a count down to death due to heart failure, someone who gives up his eyes so that a blind man can appreciate the colors of life and giving up his liver to the dying- I can't think of anyone in my life that would do that. Heck! Even I will think twice before doing it.
The show really moved me emotionally. I realized that life is precious but giving life to someone, is truly a gift and a blessing. This movie kept my heart at the edge of the cliff and it skipped a beat just watching the selfless act of Ben.
Would I give up my heart like he did? Probably not to a stranger but for my family- without a doubt.
Love all and forgive all because life is too short to hate. Besides, we are all on borrowed time on earth so why waste it.

No comments: